The National Energy Board (NEB) is recommending that NOVA Gas Transmission Ltd. (NGTL) be granted a Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity to continue operating the 179-kilometre long Albersun Pipeline in Northeastern Alberta. The NEB also approved NGTL's purchase of the pipeline. NGTL applied to the NEB in 2016 for leave to purchase the line from Suncor Energy Logistics Corporation (Suncor) and continue its operation.The facilities to be purchased include:
- Suncor Albersun Pipeline - 141 km of 273 mm (NPS 10) pipeline;
- Suncor Mildred Lake Lateral - 5.8 km of 219 mm (NPS 8) pipeline;
- Suncor Gregoire Lateral - 23.4 km of 168 mm and 8.7 km of 89 mm (NPS 3) pipeline;
- Mildred Lake East Sales Meter Station; and
- Associated pipe and valve facilities.