Machinery protection system adds support for additional machinery types
Metrix Instrument Company announced support for additional machinery types in its SETPOINT Machinery Protection System.
Aeroderivative gas turbines are widely used in both power generation service and mechanical drive service. These machine types are built by GE, Rolls-Royce, Pratt & Whitney, and others. They utilize highly OEM-specific monitoring schemes relying on high-temperature seismic sensors and special filtering requirements. To address these needs, the following measurements are now available to order in the SETPOINT System’s UMM:
• Configurable tracking bandpass filters
• Configurable non-tracking bandpass filters
• Support for external interface modules used with high-temperature accelerometers typically used on GE and Rolls-Royce engine types
• Support for direct input of high-temperature accelerometers and velocity transducers, eliminating the need for separate interface modules
• Multiple-event-per-turn speed signals (integer and non-integer)
Reciprocating compressors are widely used in oil & gas applications and have special monitoring requirements to detect problems in frame and cylinder components including valves, pistons, packing, rods, and distance pieces. To address these needs, the following measurements are now available to order in the SETPOINT System’s UMM and TMM (Temperature Monitoring Module):
• Rod Drop and Rod Position (UMM)
• Frame Vibration (UMM)
• Impulse/Velocity (UMM)
• Impacts per unit time (UMM)
• Average Temperature for user-defined groups (TMM)
• Differential Temperature (TMM)
All of these new measurement capabilities can be enabled in existing hardware in the field by downloading the appropriate firmware and reconfiguring the new channel types as desired.