10 Awesome Driver-Assist Features That Help 2015 Ford F-150 Customers Drive Smarter
The all-new Ford F-150, the toughest, smartest, most capable F-150 yet, goes on sale later this year packed with available driver-assist features aimed at giving the customer improved utility, comfort and convenience.
Here are 10 examples of awesome driver-assist features the all-new F-150 offers, including one breakthrough class-exclusive feature to make parallel parking a full-size pickup a breeze:
1. Class-exclusive active park assist Active park assist uses two ultrasonic sensors and electric power-assisted steering to help drivers parallel park. The sensors measure the gap between two vehicles to determine if there is enough room for the F-150. After confirming the F-150 can fit, the truck automatically steers into the space, while the driver operates the accelerator and brake pedals
2. Class-exclusive adaptive cruise control and collision warning with brake support Adaptive cruise control and collision warning with brake support uses radar in the front of the truck to measure the distance and speed of vehicles ahead. Using this information, the F-150 can automatically slow to keep a consistent following distance set by the driver. The slower speed will be maintained if adaptive cruise control is activated. Collision warning triggers visual and audio alerts if the system detects the following distance is diminishing too quickly and a collision may occur. It also pre-charges the brakes if the driver needs to stop suddenly
3. Curve Control The all-new F-150 has an innovative system that was developed exclusively by Ford engineers to help in those cases where you may enter a turn too quickly. Curve Control helps drivers maintain control of their vehicles if they take a curve too quickly by automatically reducing torque and applying four-wheel braking. This can reduce vehicle speed by up to 16 km/hour (10 mph) in approximately one second, assisting drivers to stay on their intended path
4. Class-exclusive smart trailer tow module The smart trailer tow module shows the driver which lights on a trailer connected to the truck aren’t working, so the driver or a passenger doesn’t have to get out of the truck and walk around the trailer to personally find blown lights
5. Class-exclusive multi-contour seats Multi-contour massaging seats are the antidote to a hard day on the job site
6. Blind Spot Information System with cross-traffic alert Available BLIS uses radar sensors in the taillamps to monitor areas that may not be visible to the driver. The sensors trigger a warning light in the sideview mirrors to indicate another vehicle is in a blind spot if the driver is attempting to change lanes. These same sensors can also detect a vehicle coming down an aisle when the driver is slowly backing out of a parking space
7. Lane-keeping system Available lane-keeping is designed to help prevent a driver from drifting outside of the intended driving lane. The system automatically detects the left- or right-hand road lane markings using a camera mounted between the windshield and interior rearview mirror. A vibration in the steering wheel is used to alert the driver. The system can also provide steering torque to help guide the vehicle back into the lane if needed
8. Class-exclusive 360-degree camera with split-view display Available360-degree camera with split-view display uses four exterior cameras to give the driver a bird’s-eye view of up to seven feet surrounding the F-150 to assist in parking, maneuvering in tight spots and navigating narrow roads and trails at low speeds
9. Hill Descent Control Available Hill Descent Control uses the anti-lock brakes to give the driver control while descending a hill. With the push of a button, the truck’s speed is set automatically, allowing for the driver to concentrate more on driving and less on braking
10. Individual tire pressure monitoring system Individual monitors show air pressure amounts for each tire and alert the driver when an individual tire is low
The new Volvo EC950F crawler excavator was made for large haulers. In fact, it can fill our 60-ton A60H haul truck in just four bucket passes with an average cycle time of just over a minute. With the perfect pair from Volvo, you can improve efficiency, burn less fuel and keep your haulers moving.
Watch these two powerful machines load four passes in just over a minute.