Baker Hughes, a GE company has posted weekly rig count reports:
Baker Hughes Rig Count: U.S. -2 to 1,052 rigs
- U.S. Rig Count is down 2 rigs from last week to 1,052, with oil rigs down 2 to 861, gas rigs unchanged at 189, and miscellaneous rigs unchanged at 2.
- U.S. Rig Count is up 116 rigs from last year's count of 936, with oil rigs up 113, gas rigs up 2, and miscellaneous rigs up 1.
- The U.S. Offshore Rig Count is up 3 rigs to 23 and down 1 rig year-over-year.
Baker Hughes Rig Count: Canada +4 to 182 rigs
- Canada Rig Count is up 4 rigs from last week to 182, with oil rigs down 3 to 119 and gas rigs up 7 to 63.
- Canada Rig Count is down 27 rigs from last year's count of 209, with oil rigs up 7 and gas rigs down 34.
Additional information on the Baker Hughes Rig Count is available on their http://bhge.com/rig-count website.