Originally developed for areas where pumps could not be used, the Red Goose uses product velocity to sample petroleum products from pipelines at flowing conditions. There are no moving parts during operation. No pump is ever needed for gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel or other refined petroleum products.
The latest improvement to the Red Goose focuses on easy maintenance. There is no need for removal during pipeline maintenance. The Red Goose v2 has been designed with a unique ‘through valve' mounting when installed. This allows complete maintenance or removal, totally independent of pipeline operations. In addition, an easy retractable scoop is used during pigging or scraping operations. If the scoop is not retracted, a spring-loaded pivot will allow the pig to push the scoop out of the way and the product sampling can quickly resume.
The Dynatrol Red Goose v2 combines with the pipeline pressure rated Density Cell v2 to obtain double-sealed protection against leaks.
Specifications: Combination of Red Goose v2 and Density Cell v2
• Pressure Ratings: 1000 and 1480 PSI (consult factory for other options.)
• Double-sealed protection against leaks
• Temperature Rating: 0°F - 250°F (consult factory for other options)
• Housing: Rugged, sealed, all-weather, X-proof
• Meets CSA Class 1, Div 1 area classification