Ultra-rugged phablet from Handheld combines tablet and phone functionalities
Handheld Group, a manufacturer of rugged mobile computers, announced the new NAUTIZ X6 - an ultra-rugged phablet—phone plus tablet— that combines the big-screen functionality of a tablet with the go-anywhere performance of a rugged phone.
The new Nautiz X6 Android phablet is ideal for industrial and field applications, with the reliability to perform in challenging conditions, and specialized accessories professional users require. With the MaxGo Android software suite, an IP67 rating and a lightweight, ultra-mobile design, the Nautiz X6 delivers a trailblazing combination of practicality and productivity.
The ultra-rugged new Nautiz X6 offers:
- A sunlight-readable, 6-inch capacitive multi-touch display with super-hardened Gorilla Glass.
- IP67 ruggedness rating for waterproof, dust-tight performance, plus a broad operating-temperature range.
- An 8-core processor and Android 8.0 (Oreo) operating system.
- Google GMS for Play Store and Google Maps app access.
- 4G/LTE Android phone functionality.
- Superior u-blox NEO-M8N receiver for precise navigation using GPS, GLONASS, Galileo or BeiDou.
- Dual cameras, including 13-megapixel rear-facing, and 5-megapixel front-facing.
- Optional high-quality, high-speed 2D imager.
- Multiple accessories for efficient field work in a variety of industries.
The Nautiz X6 comes with Handheld's proprietaryfor Android and meets the needs of businesses with teams of workers in the field. MaxGo quickly applies universal settings to multiple devices, and also allows custom application access for more efficient and safe use of the device.
The Nautiz X6 is designed for use in the most challenging outdoor and industrial environments. This rugged phablet isfor drops, vibrations, humidity, extreme temperatures and varying altitudes. And the 8000 mAh battery will run for a full shift and beyond, even with heavy use.
"With its combination of military-level ruggedness, IP67 rating and wide range of operating temperatures, the Nautiz X6 is exactly the rugged device our customers have been asking for," says Johan Hed, Handheld Group director of product management. "The key to being a rugged handheld leader is listening to what customers really want. They've asked for an ultra-rugged phablet, and with the Nautiz X6 we're delivering the form factor and performance they're looking for."