ProSep, a technology and service provider for integrated process solutions to the global energy industry, has successfully secured a contract with Aker Solutions to provide two MAX+ ProSalt mixers to Equinor's Heimdal Gas Centre Platform in the North Sea.
Tourmaline Oil Corp. is pleased to report very strong total reserve growth, liquids reserve growth and a continued reserve value increase in the current depressed natural gas price environment. The Company executed on the 2017-2018 plan to concentrate almost entirely on internal EP growth and has produced the best reserve metrics in the Company's 10 year history over the past two years.
- Proved plus probable reserves ("2P") increased by 241.2 mmboe to 2.46 billion boe during 2018, an 11% increase over 2017 year-end reserves of 2.22 billion boe and a 15% increase of 337.9 mmboe which includes annual production of 96.7 million boe. Total proved ("TP") reserves increased 23% to 1.21 billion boe and proved, developed producing ("PDP") reserves of 473.3 mmboe increased 31% over year-end 2017 when including 2018 annual production.
- After ten years of operation, Tourmaline has 2P natural gas reserves of 11.7 tcf and 2P liquid reserves of 505.2 mmboe of oil, condensate and liquids (December 31, 2018). The Company has the largest publicly-reported, independently-assessed, 2P natural gas reserves in Canada.
- 2P reserve net present value ("NPV")(1) of $58.57 per diluted share, TP reserve NPV of $33.67 per diluted share and a PDP reserve NPV of $17.36 per diluted share at December 31, 2018. The Company was able to continue to grow reserve NPV per diluted share in 2018 despite significantly lower natural gas pricing used in the independent reserve report.
- 2P finding, development and acquisition costs ("FD&A") in 2018 were $5.15/boe including changes in future development capital ("FDC") ($3.59/boe excluding change in FDC) based on total capital expenditures of $1.214 billion; TP FD&A in 2018 were $6.79/boe including change in FDC ($4.91/boe excluding change in FDC). 2018 PDP FD&A were $9.11/boe.
- The 2018 2P recycle ratio was 2.6 based on 2P FD&A of $5.15/boe (including FDC), and 2018 estimated cash flow(2) of $13.47/boe. The 2018 TP recycle ratio was 2.0 and the 2018 PDP recycle ratio was 1.5.
- 2P reserve replacement ratio(3) of 3.5 times based on 2P reserve additions of 337.9 mmboe before 2018 production of 96.7 mmboe.
- Tourmaline systematically converts TP and 2P reserves to PDP reserves; 145 wells (gross) of the 239 wells (gross) rig released in 2018 converted pre-existing TP/2P reserves to PDP reserves. The FDC in the 2018 2P reserve category represents approximately 4.5 years of future-projected Company cash flow.
- For the sixth year in a row the Company realized net positive technical revisions to previously booked reserves.
- Full-year 2018 average production of 265,044 boepd was 9% higher than 2017 average production of 242,325 boepd and within the guidance range.
- Q4 2018 liquids production (oil, condensate, NGL) of 51,938 bpd was 14% higher than Q4 2017 average liquids production. Tourmaline is forecasting 2019 average liquids production of 66,000 bpd, representing 39% year-over-year growth, forecast to be amongst the highest liquids growth rates in the industry this year.
- In 2018, Tourmaline's EP capital program of $1.23 billion generated approximately 110 mboepd of new production resulting in a 2018 capital efficiency of $11,200 boepd.
- Q4 2018 average production of 276,568 boepd was 9% higher than Q3 2018 average production of 254,185 boepd.
- Tourmaline has been producing at the 1H 2019 guidance range of 290,000 - 300,000 boepd during the first quarter; the Company will bring on the 50,000 boepd Gundy deep cut facility during June.
- Full-year 2018 EP capital spending was $1.23 billion. Q4 2018 cash flow was $391.5 million and Q4 EP capital spending was $363.2 million. Tourmaline's low cash costs and industry-leading capital execution costs allow the Company to achieve cash flow per share growth, generate free cash flow, and pay a dividend.
- The Company completed a small acquisition in the Peace River High Triassic oil complex for $21.2 million during the fourth quarter of 2018, consolidating acreage in the core Upper Charlie Lake pool at Spirit River proper.
- The 2018 EP capital program included approximately $110.0 million for the Gundy deep cut gas plant, the benefit of which will be realized in 2H 2019.
- The 2019 EP capital program is anticipated to be $1.225 billion(4), reflecting the $75.0 million reduction announced on January 15, 2019. Full-year production guidance remains unchanged at 300,000 boepd.
- 1H 2019 EP capital spending of $600 million is planned compared to forecast 1H 2019 cash flow of $700 - $750 million.
- The Company expects to sell $20.0 - $25.0 million of non-core, non-producing assets during the first half of 2019.
- Tourmaline has secured multiple long-term liquid processing and handling agreements in BC and Alberta to allow for premium pricing for the Company's future liquid streams, including the large volumes at Gundy in BC.
- Tourmaline is currently operating a total of 13 drilling rigs across the three core EP complexes, with the rig count dropping to six during spring break-up.
- The Company's initial delineation well at Attachie, where the Company has 29,000 undeveloped acres, tested at 767 boepd at the end of a 157 hour test (200 bpd oil and 3.4 mmcfpd of sweet natural gas). At least one follow-up appraisal well is planned for 2H 2019, where the Company has a large number of future drilling locations on the existing land block.
- The most recent Cardium horizontal in the Company's frontal foothills overthrust play along the western margin of the Deep Basin was flowing at 21.5 mmcfpd of natural gas with 979 bbls/d of condensate after 70 hours on-stream. Six of the eight wells drilled on this Cardium play are tier 1 locations with estimated EUR ranging between 12-15 bcf of gas and 225-400 mstb of condensate plus liquids per well (ref. GLJ/Deloitte). The Company plans further delineation wells along the 225 km play trend during the balance of 2019.
(1) Reserve NPV per share is calculated as the before tax net present value of the reserves at December 31, 2018 discounted at 10% divided by total diluted shares outstanding at December 31, 2018.
(2) Cash flow is defined as cash provided by operations before changes in non-cash operating working capital. See "Non-GAAP Financial Measures" in this release for additional information. All financial information is unaudited. See unaudited financial information section in this release.
(3) Reserve replacement ratio is calculated by dividing the annual 2P reserve additions (including annual production) by annual production.
(4) The capital reduction has not been reflected in the Company's current formal guidance. The Company intends to update formal guidance, including these capital reductions, along with the year-end financial results in March 2019.
More from Drilling & Production
Wellbore Integrity Solutions (WIS), an affiliate of private equity firm Rhône Capital, and Schlumberger jointly announced that they have entered into an agreement for WIS to acquire the businesses and associated assets of DRILCO, Thomas Tools, and Fishing & Remedial services, along with part of a manufacturing facility located on Rankin Road in Houston, Texas. The transaction is valued at approximately $400 million and is subject to regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions. The parties expect to close the transaction by year-end 2019.
ITT Inc.'s BIW Connector Systems brand will showcase its enhanced electrical wellhead penetrator solutions for the upstream oil and gas market at the Society of Petroleum Engineers Gulf Coast Section's ESP Symposium May 13-17, 2019 at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center near Houston, Texas.
Quartzdyne, Inc., a producer of pressure transducers for the oil and gas industry, introduced its Gen2 Quartz and Piezo Memory Tools at the Offshore Technology Conference (OTC).
Wild Well Control, a Superior Energy Services company and global leader in well control, engineering and training services, has launched a new online well control e-learning course, Introduction to Drilling Operations.
Baker Hughes, a GE company announced that the Baker Hughes international rig count for April 2019 was 1,062, up 23 from the 1,039 counted in March 2019, and up 84 from the 978 counted in April 2018. The international offshore rig count for April 2019 was 251, up 4 from the 247 counted in March 2019, and up 57 from the 194 counted in April 2018.
From 2016 to 2018, capital investment in Canada's upstream oil and gas industry (essentially, exploration and production) increased 15 percent compared to 41 percent in the U.S. over the same period, finds a new study released by the Fraser Institute, an independent, non-partisan Canadian public policy think-tank.
Schlumberger introduced the IriSphere look-ahead-while-drilling service at the Offshore Technology Conference. The new service provides the industry's first application of electromagnetic (EM) technology for detecting formation features ahead of the drill bit in oil and gas wells.
At OTC 2019, Weir Oil & Gas introduced its new SPM EXL Frac Pump - engineered from the ground up to be the most durable, longest-lasting 2500 horsepower pump on the market, the company states. With the highest rod load rating in its class at 238,000 pounds, this pump is designed to withstand today's harshest fracking conditions and ease maintenance for operators' field teams.
The National Energy Board (NEB) has approved two applications to abandon the NEB-regulated parts of Exxon Mobil's Sable Offshore Energy Project and Encana Corporation's Deep Panuke Project. These projects, both located offshore Nova Scotia, had reached a stage of naturally declining production. The Sable Offshore Energy Project stopped producing natural gas in December, 2018 and Deep Panuke ceased production in May, 2018.
The Petroleum Services Association of Canada (PSAC), in its Midyear Update to the 2019 Canadian Oilfield Services Activity Forecast, lowered for a second time its Forecast for the number of wells drilled (rig released) in 2019 across Canada to 5,300 wells - a drop of 1,300 or twenty per cent (20%) from the original Forecast of 6,600 in November 2018. PSAC has based its updated Forecast on an average natural gas price of C$1.65/mcf (AECO), crude oil price of US$57.00/barrel (WTI), and a U.S.-Canada exchange rate averaging $0.75.
Leucrotta Exploration Inc. is pleased to announce the following update: Leucrotta drilled and completed an Upper Montney horizontal multi-frac well at 8-22-81-14W6 ("8-22") in the Mica area of north east British Columbia. The well was considered a major step-out given it was approximately 7.5 miles from the closest producing horizontal Upper Montney well. This well confirms that a large portion of our land base that has previously been delineated as highly productive in the Lower Montney is also highly productive in the Upper Montney, effectively significantly increasing the size of the potential development of the resource.
The cost of building
and operating oil sands projects has fallen dramatically in recent years and
total oil production is expected to rise by another 1 million barrels per day
(mbd) by 2030. But external factors—such as price uncertainty caused by
pipeline constraints—are contributing to a more moderate pace of production
growth than in years past, a new report by business information provider
Cenovus Energy Inc. delivered strong operating and financial performance in the first quarter of 2019, generating more than $1 billion of adjusted funds flow, $731 million of free funds flow and cash from operating activities of $436 million. The company's excellent financial results were driven by strong operating performance, a significant narrowing of light-heavy oil price differentials in early 2019 and Cenovus's low-cost structure and continued commitment to capital discipline.
Trelleborg Sealing Solutions announces the launch of the new XploR S-Seal and XploR FS-Seal that have been developed for demanding high pressure sealing environments, such as those found in oil & gas downhole tool applications.
The proposed Flemish Pass Exploration Drilling Project and the proposed Eastern Newfoundland Offshore Exploration Drilling Project are not likely to cause significant adverse environmental effects when mitigation measures are taken into account, according to the federal government.
The Canadian Association of Oilwell Drilling Contractors offered its congratulations to Premier-Designate Jason Kenney on securing a decisive victory in the 2019 Alberta provincial election.
Single Phase Power Solutions (SPPS), the world's only manufacturer of high horsepower single phase electric motors, introduces single phase pump solutions which do not require a phase converter or Variable Frequency Drive (VFD). The company incorporates their Belle Single-Phase Motor which uses Written-Pole technology to deliver up to 100 hp to power standard suction end centrifugal pumps, rotary gear pumps, and turbine pumps in both horizontal and vertical configurations.
Saturn Oil & Gas Inc. is pleased to announce finishing successfully the drilling, completion, equip and tie-in of its nine (9) wells in Q1 2019. Saturn has achieved an average production rate in March 2019 of over 1,100 bbl/d with all twenty-nine (29) wells producing by March 25th. The Q1 2019 peak production rate was over 1,400 bbl/day. The Company forecasts its Q2 2019 production volumes will average over 950 bbl/d.
Baker Hughes, a GE company announced that the Baker Hughes international rig count for March 2019 was 1,039, up 12 from the 1,027 counted in February 2019, and up 67 from the 972 counted in March 2018. The international offshore rig count for March 2019 was 247, down 3 from the 250 counted in February 2019, and up 62 from the 185 counted in February 2018.
Stress Engineering Services, Inc. has received an OTC Spotlight on New Technology (SONT) Award for its condition based maintenance (CBM) of drilling riser systems.
Imperial has slowed the pace of development of its Aspen in situ oil sands project given market uncertainty stemming from Alberta government intervention and other industry competitiveness challenges.
Despite each of our daily lives becoming increasingly digitized to save us time and money and keep us safe and healthy, many areas of heavy industry, especially those which rely on large-scale physical infrastructure, are still grappling with how to integrate meaningful technologies that will move them beyond cumbersome and costly analogue processes.
Canadian Natural has reported its 2018 fourth quarter and full year results, indicating that the company is continuing to show growth, even within a challenging oil and gas industy.
Questerre Energy Corporation has executed a definitive purchase and sale agreement with a senior exploration and production company to acquire all their assets in Quebec. This follows the letter of intent signed in early 2018 as set out in the Company's press release dated June 4, 2018.
Rotork IQ3 intelligent multi-turn electric actuators have been specified for use in solar powered control stations for water gathering pipelines in the USA.
Saturn Oil & Gas Inc. has provided an operational update, including details of the Company's Q1/19 capital budget and drilling program (the "Program"), along with forecast average production volumes for the quarter.
CIRCOR Industrial Valves announces the cost-saving Rotable Critical Trim Refurbishment Program. Eliminating the delay and expense of cutting out a leaking valve, the program replaces internal valve components to return valve function quickly while restoring the removed parts for future use.
Cuda Oil and Gas Inc. has released the results of its 2018 year-end oil and gas reserves evaluation for Wyoming and Alberta.
Another component has been added to the product portfolio of the NEMO progressing cavity pump from NETZSCH: the xLC unit. This unit triples the service life of the pump, particularly when conveying difficult, abrasive media. When wear occurs in the rotor-stator system, the new xLC unit allows the performance of the pump to be re-established by adjusting the preload between the conveyor elements.
Rockwell Automation, which is dedicated to industrial automation and information, and Schlumberger, a leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry, have entered into an agreement to create a new joint venture, Sensia, the first fully integrated digital oilfield automation solutions provider.
Pulse Oil Corp. is happy to announce that the Company intends to drill two new wells within the Bigoray EOR acreage in February and March 2019.
Advantage Oil & Gas Ltd. has released a report on its 2018 reserves and an operational update on the Corporation's liquids development plan.
Baker Hughes, a GE company announced that the Baker Hughes international rig count for January 2019 was 1,023, down 2 from the 1,025 counted in December 2018, and up 63 from the 960 counted in January 2018. The international offshore rig count for January 2019 was 241, up 7 from the 234 counted in December 2018, and up 45 from the 196 counted in January 2018.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has introduced the , which mills out more smoothly and cleans up better than any other conventional frac plug on the market, cutting costs and helping customers achieve first oil faster.
Hemisphere Energy Corporation has provided an update on its Southern Alberta operations following the 11 well drilling program that was completed in the fall of 2018.
Saturn Oil & Gas Inc. commenced its Q1/2019 drill program on January 14, 2019. The Program consists of ten extended reach horizontal Viking wells spread over its Milton, Kerrobert and Prairiedale lands.
Packers Plus Energy Services Inc. is adapting to the industry's changing needs and introducing operators to a diverse selection of high-quality completion technologies to increase production, save time and reduce risk.