Imperial has slowed the pace of development of its Aspen in situ oil sands project given market uncertainty stemming from Alberta government intervention and other industry competitiveness challenges.
Tourmaline Oil Corp. is pleased to report very strong total reserve growth, liquids reserve growth and a continued reserve value increase in the current depressed natural gas price environment. The Company executed on the 2017-2018 plan to concentrate almost entirely on internal EP growth and has produced the best reserve metrics in the Company's 10 year history over the past two years.
- Proved plus probable reserves ("2P") increased by 241.2 mmboe to 2.46 billion boe during 2018, an 11% increase over 2017 year-end reserves of 2.22 billion boe and a 15% increase of 337.9 mmboe which includes annual production of 96.7 million boe. Total proved ("TP") reserves increased 23% to 1.21 billion boe and proved, developed producing ("PDP") reserves of 473.3 mmboe increased 31% over year-end 2017 when including 2018 annual production.
- After ten years of operation, Tourmaline has 2P natural gas reserves of 11.7 tcf and 2P liquid reserves of 505.2 mmboe of oil, condensate and liquids (December 31, 2018). The Company has the largest publicly-reported, independently-assessed, 2P natural gas reserves in Canada.
- 2P reserve net present value ("NPV")(1) of $58.57 per diluted share, TP reserve NPV of $33.67 per diluted share and a PDP reserve NPV of $17.36 per diluted share at December 31, 2018. The Company was able to continue to grow reserve NPV per diluted share in 2018 despite significantly lower natural gas pricing used in the independent reserve report.
- 2P finding, development and acquisition costs ("FD&A") in 2018 were $5.15/boe including changes in future development capital ("FDC") ($3.59/boe excluding change in FDC) based on total capital expenditures of $1.214 billion; TP FD&A in 2018 were $6.79/boe including change in FDC ($4.91/boe excluding change in FDC). 2018 PDP FD&A were $9.11/boe.
- The 2018 2P recycle ratio was 2.6 based on 2P FD&A of $5.15/boe (including FDC), and 2018 estimated cash flow(2) of $13.47/boe. The 2018 TP recycle ratio was 2.0 and the 2018 PDP recycle ratio was 1.5.
- 2P reserve replacement ratio(3) of 3.5 times based on 2P reserve additions of 337.9 mmboe before 2018 production of 96.7 mmboe.
- Tourmaline systematically converts TP and 2P reserves to PDP reserves; 145 wells (gross) of the 239 wells (gross) rig released in 2018 converted pre-existing TP/2P reserves to PDP reserves. The FDC in the 2018 2P reserve category represents approximately 4.5 years of future-projected Company cash flow.
- For the sixth year in a row the Company realized net positive technical revisions to previously booked reserves.
- Full-year 2018 average production of 265,044 boepd was 9% higher than 2017 average production of 242,325 boepd and within the guidance range.
- Q4 2018 liquids production (oil, condensate, NGL) of 51,938 bpd was 14% higher than Q4 2017 average liquids production. Tourmaline is forecasting 2019 average liquids production of 66,000 bpd, representing 39% year-over-year growth, forecast to be amongst the highest liquids growth rates in the industry this year.
- In 2018, Tourmaline's EP capital program of $1.23 billion generated approximately 110 mboepd of new production resulting in a 2018 capital efficiency of $11,200 boepd.
- Q4 2018 average production of 276,568 boepd was 9% higher than Q3 2018 average production of 254,185 boepd.
- Tourmaline has been producing at the 1H 2019 guidance range of 290,000 - 300,000 boepd during the first quarter; the Company will bring on the 50,000 boepd Gundy deep cut facility during June.
- Full-year 2018 EP capital spending was $1.23 billion. Q4 2018 cash flow was $391.5 million and Q4 EP capital spending was $363.2 million. Tourmaline's low cash costs and industry-leading capital execution costs allow the Company to achieve cash flow per share growth, generate free cash flow, and pay a dividend.
- The Company completed a small acquisition in the Peace River High Triassic oil complex for $21.2 million during the fourth quarter of 2018, consolidating acreage in the core Upper Charlie Lake pool at Spirit River proper.
- The 2018 EP capital program included approximately $110.0 million for the Gundy deep cut gas plant, the benefit of which will be realized in 2H 2019.
- The 2019 EP capital program is anticipated to be $1.225 billion(4), reflecting the $75.0 million reduction announced on January 15, 2019. Full-year production guidance remains unchanged at 300,000 boepd.
- 1H 2019 EP capital spending of $600 million is planned compared to forecast 1H 2019 cash flow of $700 - $750 million.
- The Company expects to sell $20.0 - $25.0 million of non-core, non-producing assets during the first half of 2019.
- Tourmaline has secured multiple long-term liquid processing and handling agreements in BC and Alberta to allow for premium pricing for the Company's future liquid streams, including the large volumes at Gundy in BC.
- Tourmaline is currently operating a total of 13 drilling rigs across the three core EP complexes, with the rig count dropping to six during spring break-up.
- The Company's initial delineation well at Attachie, where the Company has 29,000 undeveloped acres, tested at 767 boepd at the end of a 157 hour test (200 bpd oil and 3.4 mmcfpd of sweet natural gas). At least one follow-up appraisal well is planned for 2H 2019, where the Company has a large number of future drilling locations on the existing land block.
- The most recent Cardium horizontal in the Company's frontal foothills overthrust play along the western margin of the Deep Basin was flowing at 21.5 mmcfpd of natural gas with 979 bbls/d of condensate after 70 hours on-stream. Six of the eight wells drilled on this Cardium play are tier 1 locations with estimated EUR ranging between 12-15 bcf of gas and 225-400 mstb of condensate plus liquids per well (ref. GLJ/Deloitte). The Company plans further delineation wells along the 225 km play trend during the balance of 2019.
(1) Reserve NPV per share is calculated as the before tax net present value of the reserves at December 31, 2018 discounted at 10% divided by total diluted shares outstanding at December 31, 2018.
(2) Cash flow is defined as cash provided by operations before changes in non-cash operating working capital. See "Non-GAAP Financial Measures" in this release for additional information. All financial information is unaudited. See unaudited financial information section in this release.
(3) Reserve replacement ratio is calculated by dividing the annual 2P reserve additions (including annual production) by annual production.
(4) The capital reduction has not been reflected in the Company's current formal guidance. The Company intends to update formal guidance, including these capital reductions, along with the year-end financial results in March 2019.
More from Drilling & Production
Despite each of our daily lives becoming increasingly digitized to save us time and money and keep us safe and healthy, many areas of heavy industry, especially those which rely on large-scale physical infrastructure, are still grappling with how to integrate meaningful technologies that will move them beyond cumbersome and costly analogue processes.
Canadian Natural has reported its 2018 fourth quarter and full year results, indicating that the company is continuing to show growth, even within a challenging oil and gas industy.
Questerre Energy Corporation has executed a definitive purchase and sale agreement with a senior exploration and production company to acquire all their assets in Quebec. This follows the letter of intent signed in early 2018 as set out in the Company's press release dated June 4, 2018.
Rotork IQ3 intelligent multi-turn electric actuators have been specified for use in solar powered control stations for water gathering pipelines in the USA.
Saturn Oil & Gas Inc. has provided an operational update, including details of the Company's Q1/19 capital budget and drilling program (the "Program"), along with forecast average production volumes for the quarter.
CIRCOR Industrial Valves announces the cost-saving Rotable Critical Trim Refurbishment Program. Eliminating the delay and expense of cutting out a leaking valve, the program replaces internal valve components to return valve function quickly while restoring the removed parts for future use.
Cuda Oil and Gas Inc. has released the results of its 2018 year-end oil and gas reserves evaluation for Wyoming and Alberta.
Another component has been added to the product portfolio of the NEMO progressing cavity pump from NETZSCH: the xLC unit. This unit triples the service life of the pump, particularly when conveying difficult, abrasive media. When wear occurs in the rotor-stator system, the new xLC unit allows the performance of the pump to be re-established by adjusting the preload between the conveyor elements.
Rockwell Automation, which is dedicated to industrial automation and information, and Schlumberger, a leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry, have entered into an agreement to create a new joint venture, Sensia, the first fully integrated digital oilfield automation solutions provider.
Pulse Oil Corp. is happy to announce that the Company intends to drill two new wells within the Bigoray EOR acreage in February and March 2019.
Advantage Oil & Gas Ltd. has released a report on its 2018 reserves and an operational update on the Corporation's liquids development plan.
Baker Hughes, a GE company announced that the Baker Hughes international rig count for January 2019 was 1,023, down 2 from the 1,025 counted in December 2018, and up 63 from the 960 counted in January 2018. The international offshore rig count for January 2019 was 241, up 7 from the 234 counted in December 2018, and up 45 from the 196 counted in January 2018.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has introduced the , which mills out more smoothly and cleans up better than any other conventional frac plug on the market, cutting costs and helping customers achieve first oil faster.
Hemisphere Energy Corporation has provided an update on its Southern Alberta operations following the 11 well drilling program that was completed in the fall of 2018.
Saturn Oil & Gas Inc. commenced its Q1/2019 drill program on January 14, 2019. The Program consists of ten extended reach horizontal Viking wells spread over its Milton, Kerrobert and Prairiedale lands.
Packers Plus Energy Services Inc. is adapting to the industry's changing needs and introducing operators to a diverse selection of high-quality completion technologies to increase production, save time and reduce risk.
In its first update to the 2019 Canadian Drilling Activity Forecast, the Petroleum Services Association of Canada (PSAC) has revised the number of wells drilled (rig released) across Canada for 2019 to 5,600 wells. This represents a decrease of 1,000 wells, or 15 percent, from PSAC's original 2019 drilling Forecast released in November 2018 and reflects the deteriorating investor confidence in Canada.
Subsea oil and gas engineering firm Interventek will unveil the development of the industry's first subsea shear-and-seal safety valve powered by an integrated gas accumulator at next week's Subsea Expo show in Aberdeen, UK. This innovation builds on Interventek's existing, award-winning, Revolution valve technology by adding a gas accumulator within the valve, close to the cutting and sealing mechanism. It increases the power and speed of the valve's functionality and provides a failsafe mode triggered in the event of an emergency.
LORD Corporation - a leader in motion and vibration control solutions for the oil and gas industry - is now certified to the American Petroleum Institute's (API) standard 16F testing for telescopic joint (TJ) packers.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has posted Weekly Rig Count reports.
Subsea Integration Alliance has announced the award of integrated subsea engineering, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning (EPCIC) contracts. These awards, by Esso Australia Pty Ltd, represent the first integrated subsea project for Subsea Integration Alliance in Australia combining OneSubsea and Subsea 7 expertise in subsea production systems (SPS) and subsea umbilical, riser and flowline (SURF) systems.
Calima Energy Limited has spudded the first well of a three well programme to test the prospectivity of the Montney Formation in the Company's 72,000 acre lease holdings in British Columbia.
Suncor has provided an operations update for the fourth quarter of 2018, highlighting total upstream production of 831,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boe/d), which is a quarterly production record and represents an increase of 12% from the third quarter of 2018. This record-breaking quarter reflects the results of the significant investment developing Fort Hills, and Suncor's ongoing operational excellence focus across its assets, particularly at the Syncrude joint venture.
CPC-Cryolab, a CIRCOR International brand, offers the 5000 Series Cryogenic Valves, ideal for use in ultra-cold cryogenic storage tanks, transportation trailers, and vacuum jacketed and non-jacketed piping systems. The 5000 Series valves feature bellow sealed and non-bellows sealed designs, redundant packaging seals, and all stainless-steel construction, trusted the most common, most reliable LHe valves used on ISO helium containers world-wide.
Pulse Oil Corp. announces that on December 27th, 2018, drilling of Pulse's second exploration well, PUL HZ QUEENSTN 12-9-19-21 W4 ("12-9"), reached a total measured depth, as planned, of 2957m (TVD 1389m), including 1237m of lateral section within a highly porous Mannville-aged Lithic sandstone channel. The 12-9 well was Pulse's second well successfully targeting a new 3-D seismic interpretation intended to focus on the highest porosity / permeability lithic deposits within the Mannville channel trend in the Queenstown area of Southern Alberta.
The latest innovation from Packers Plus Energy Services Inc. is providing operators with higher efficiency plug-and-perf systems worldwide. The TREX Cemented Product Line now offers composite and degradable plugs to improve deployment and reduce/eliminate mill-out operations, saving time and reducing risk.
Packers Plus Energy Services Inc. is pleased to announce a successful completion using the QuickFRAC multi-stage completion system for an operator in the Middle East. A new configuration of the open hole, limited entry system was designed and implemented for the lowest cost with maximal operational efficiency and improved reservoir productivity.
Pulse Oil Corp. has announced its first horizontal drilling program is now underway.
Baker Hughes, a GE company announced that the Baker Hughes international rig count for November 2018 was 991, down 26 from the 1,017 counted in October 2018, and up 49 from the 942 counted in November 2017. The international offshore rig count for November 2018 was 206, down 1 from the 207 counted in October 2018, and up 23 from the 183 counted in November 2017.
Churchill Drilling Tools celebrated a landmark achievement recently. Churchill's Drift Catcher, run by operators across the globe to secure positive drift confirmations, celebrated its 2,000th run.
Petroshale announces financial and operating results for the third quarter of 2018 and executive appointment
PetroShale Inc. has announced its financial and operating results for the three and nine month periods ending September 30, 2018. In addition, the Company announces the appointment of Mr. Caleb Morgret as Chief Financial Officer (CFO), who will assume the role from Mr. David Rain, who is retiring effective November 30, 2018.
Baker Hughes, a GE company announces the launch of its new approach to subsea development: Subsea Connect, including its Aptara TOTEX-lite subsea system, a suite of new lightweight, modular technologies designed for the full life of field. By combining planning and risk management, new modular deepwater technology, innovative partnerships and digital tools into a single offering, Subsea Connect can reduce the economic development point of subsea projects by an average of 30 percent and has the potential to unlock an additional 16 billion barrels of reserves globally.
Pulse Oil Corp. has announced two Queenstown wells to be drilled and regulatory transfers for key Bigoray well reactivations have been received.
Despite a recovery in the price of oil, and LNG Canada's positive announcement early in Q4 that it would be building its LNG export facility, drilling activity in 2018 remained flat year-over-year. Once again the politicization of oil and gas infrastructure in Canada, along with increased taxation and regulatory requirements, resulted in significant delays and additional costs for Canadian producers, and sustained price differentials for Canadian crude blends.
Rotork has extended its CMA range of compact modulating actuators with new sizes specifically designed for reliable automation of larger linear control valves.
Operations remain suspended at the SeaRose floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel with all production wells secure after a period of extreme weather late last week.
The latest innovation from Packers Plus Energy Services Inc. brings simplicity and reliability to operators for stimulating the first stage of oil and gas wells. The Toe-XT Hydraulic Sleeve is specially designed to enable a maximum casing pressure test before activating the sleeve for stimulation operations.