NOV introduces VapR dissolvable frac plug
The National Oilwell Varco (NOV) VapR Dissolvable Frac Plug is a fully dissolvable frac plug that provides a dependable method for temporary zonal isolation during frac operations in both vertical and horizontal completions.
The compact design eliminates milling and post frac cleanout leaving no debris to remove from the well. The minimalistic design has 60-70% fewer parts than competitive products thus leaving less material in the well to be dissolved.
- Revolutionary design with minimal parts
- Unique Bonded Seal design
- 60-70% less material than competitive offerings
- Allows reacting fluid to contact both external and internal surfaces
- Larger I.D. than competitive offerings
- Less parts increases reliability and performance
- Allows plug to be run faster than conventional element designs
- Less material for faster dissolution
- Consistent dissolution as the reacting fluid touches all surfaces
- Allows higher production prior to full dissolution
- Single or multi-zone applications
- Vertical, deviated, or horizontal well bores
- Multi-stage frac, Plug-n-Perf operations