Operating rig counts drop on both sides of the border
Baker Hughes, a GE company has posted its Weekly Rig Count reports.
Baker Hughes Rig Count: U.S. -10 to 1,016 rigs
- U.S. Rig Count is down 10 rigs from last week to 1,016, with oil rigs down 9 to 824 and gas rigs down 1 to 192.
- U.S. Rig Count is up 21 rigs from last year's count of 995, with oil rigs up 20, gas rigs up 2, and miscellaneous rigs down 1 to 0.
- The U.S. Offshore Rig Count is down 2 rigs to 20 and up 7 rigs year-over-year.
Baker Hughes Rig Count: Canada -56 to 105 rigs
- Canada Rig Count is down 56 rigs from last week to 105, with oil rigs down 49 to 49 and gas rigs down 7 to 56.
- Canada Rig Count is down 56 rigs from last year's count of 161, with oil rigs down 44 and gas rigs down 12.
Additional information on the Baker Hughes Rig Count is available on the rig count website at http://bhge.com/rig-count.