Rotary encoder from Pepperl+Fuchs allows custom configuration
The newly released ENI58PL series incremental rotary encoder from Pepperl+Fuchs offers incredible efficiency for a wide range of applications. IO-Link enables custom configuration, making it possible to commission machinery and equipment even faster. ENI58PL boasts flexible configuration options and a wide range of use cases-from classic industrial applications to special engineering.
IO-Link makes configuration of the new ENI58PL rotary encoder easy and flexible. Users can adjust the device according to their application and reconfigure it if there are changes to production and process flows. This flexibility enables standardized machine design and reduces storage and spare part requirements to a minimum.This standardization saves time and reduces stocking costs. A variety of shaft, flange, and output options make the ENI58PL a comprehensive solution. The incremental rotary encoder can be configured via Pepperl+Fuchs SmartBridge and app, IO-Link master, or offline via PACTware. The standardized interface requires no manufacturer-specific software. Existing hardware and software can be used to define the following parameters:
- Voltage output level for short and long cable lengths with high or low frequencies each (HTL or TTL)
- Counting direction that can be adapted to the application
- Pulse count per rotation that can reach from 1 to 16,384 pulses per rotation according to the desired resolution
The new ENI58PL series incremental rotary encoder reliably delivers high-precision results with a resolution of up to 16,384 pulses per rotation. Its noncontact, wear-free magnetic technology yields a long operating life with virtually maintenance-free operation. Additionally, the ENI58PL features an extended temperature range of -40° to +85° C, IP65/67 protection, and resistance against shock and vibration.Highlights of the Incremental Rotary Encoder ENI58PL include:
- Standardized IO-Link interface for easy, flexible configuration
- Reduced varieties—one device can be used for several applications
- Configuration can be done via Pepperl+Fuchs SmartBridge and app, IO-Link master or PACTware
- Reliable signal transmission even in demanding conditions
More from Instrumentation, Systems & Automation
Industries such as construction, mining, energy, utilities and forestry, face many challenges when it comes to tracking assets and employees. Equipment often has to be transferred between locations, or monitored while it is dormant during off seasons. Lone workers may have to travel long distances or visit multiple sites during the course of their activities. And, all of this is further complicated today with shifting supply chains and economic realities putting further strain on the bottom line.