Baker Hughes, a GE company has posted its Weekly Rig Count reports.
Baker Hughes Rig Count: U.S. -4 to 983 rigs
- U.S. Rig Count is down 4 rigs from last week to 983, with oil rigs down 5 to 797, gas rigs up 1 to 186, and miscellaneous rigs unchanged at 0.
- U.S. Rig Count is down 76 rigs from last year's count of 1,059, with oil rigs down 62, gas rigs down 12, and miscellaneous rigs down 2.
- The U.S. Offshore Rig Count is unchanged at 22 and up 3 rigs year-over-year.
Baker Hughes Rig Count: Canada + 15 rigs to 78 rigs
- Canada Rig Count is up 15 rigs from last week to 78, with oil rigs up 16 to 38 and gas rigs down 1 to 40.
- Canada Rig Count is down 3 rigs from last year's count of 81, with oil rigs up 3 and gas rigs down 6.
Additional information on the Baker Hughes Rig Count is available on the rig count website at http://bhge.com/rig-count.