Canadian rigs creeping upwards in weekly count
Baker Hughes Rig Count: U.S. - 6 to 969 rigs
- U.S. Rig Count is down 6 rigs from last week to 969, with oil rigs down 1 to 788, gas rigs down 5 to 181, and miscellaneous rigs unchanged at 0.
- U.S. Rig Count is down 90 rigs from last year's count of 1,059, with oil rigs down 75, gas rigs down 13, and miscellaneous rigs down 2.
- The U.S. Offshore Rig Count is up 1 rig to 24 and up 4 rigs year-over-year.
Baker Hughes Rig Count: Canada + 4 rigs to 107 rigs
- Canada Rig Count is up 4 rigs from last week to 107, with oil rigs up 10 to 69 and gas rigs down 6 to 38.
- Canada Rig Count is down 32 rigs from last year's count of 139, with oil rigs down 18 and gas rigs down 14.
Additional information on the Baker Hughes Rig Count is available on the rig count website at http://bhge.com/rig-count.