Pipeline Leadership Conference takes event virtual for 2020
The Pipeline Leadership Conference announced that its 2020 conference will be presented virtually in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
To address safety concerns and travel restrictions, conference organizers will present the sixth annual event live through an online platform on November 10, 12, 17 and 19, 2020.
In this online learning experience attendees will hear from senior executives who are driving transformation and innovation in pipeline and distribution system design, construction and operations. Attendees will have the opportunity to network with the panelists, other attendees and the conference sponsors.
The theme for the 2020 Pipeline Leadership Conference is "A 2020 Vision for Pipelines: What the Future Holds." The event will focus on the pipeline and gas distribution economic outlook for 2021-2027; implications to pipeline and gas distribution system operators, as well as the engineering and construction firms that serve them from the 2020 U.S. Presidential Election; bring into focus the role of pipelines in a low-carbon future; as well as impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on the industry.
The agenda will include:
Nov. 10, 2020 - POLITICAL FORUM
- 11:00-11:30 ET: Pipeline Leadership Award Presentation
- 11:30-12:30 ET: U.S. Political Landscape - Panel Discussion A breakdown of the U.S. political landscape after the 2020 presidential election and the potential impacts on the oil and gas pipeline sector.
Nov. 12, 2020 - ECONOMIC FORUM
- 11:00-1:00 ET: Economic Outlook - Panel Discussion How current economic factors are impacting capital spending in the oil and gas pipeline industry, forecasting activity for the next four to eight years.
Nov. 17, 2020 - WORKFORCE FORUM
- 11:00-12:00 ET: Workforce Development - Panel Discussion Strategies that the pipeline industry has implemented to attract, train and retain employees in today's employment market, highlighting efforts by CEWD, DCA and SkillsUSA.
- 12:00-1:00 ET: Human Trafficking Awareness in the Energy Industry As a nationwide leader in the pipeline construction industry, Precision Pipeline LLC saw how the energy industry intersects with human trafficking through midstream transportation, construction projects, and material and fuel transportation from coast to coast. The company integrated a five-step to train people within the organization to recognize and report this crime.
Nov. 19, 2020 - FOSSIL FUEL FORUM
- 11:00-1:00 ET: The Role of Pipelines in a Low-Carbon Future - Panel Discussion Achieving a low-carbon future will require all forms of energy. Oil and gas pipelines will play an important role in achieving environmental goals. Panelists will discuss how pipelines can overcome the fossil fuel debate.
Full-day sessions will cost $150 to attend or you can attend all four full-day sessions for $395. Visit the conference website at plconference.com for further information and updates. Registration and full agenda details are coming soon.
The new Volvo EC950F crawler excavator was made for large haulers. In fact, it can fill our 60-ton A60H haul truck in just four bucket passes with an average cycle time of just over a minute. With the perfect pair from Volvo, you can improve efficiency, burn less fuel and keep your haulers moving.
Watch these two powerful machines load four passes in just over a minute.