Alliance Sensors introduces series of subsea position sensing solutions
H. G. Schaevitz LLC, Alliance Sensors, has released the SSx-7 series of LVIT subsea position sensors.
Available in full scale ranges from as short as 1 inch (25 mm) up to 36 inches (900 mm), these devices are constructed of AISI 316 stainless steel to operate at depths of 10,000 feet (3,000 meters). The SSx-7 body style easily fits into an SAE O-ring port in the end of a hydraulic cylinder and is terminated with the popular micro-circular subsea connector. Offered with common analog voltage or current loop outputs, standard SSx-7 series position sensors are good solutions for many subsea applications like:
- Choke actuators in a PBOF environment
- BOP sealing or shearing ram positions
- Annular BOP seal compression piston
- ROV electric and hydraulic actuators
- Hydraulic cylinder position sensing
Nevertheless, because some subsea position measurements may require a customized sensor to meet application-specific requirements. ASG offers short run sensor customization typically involving one or more of the following attributes:
- Materials and seals for high pressures and/or PBOF operations
- Compatibility with non-flammable EHC fluids like phosphate esters
- Popular standard or special high pressure subsea connectors
- Alternate analog I/Os or customer-specific digital outputs over an RS-485 bus
- Simplified designs for higher reliability
Recognizing the many possible subsea applications for position sensors, ASG is focused on offering an optimum choice of standard or customized sensors to subsea systems integrators.