Bedrock Automation, maker of the world’s first Open Secure Automation (OSA) platform has set another benchmark in I/O price/performance with the release of a cyber secure 20-channel discrete output (DO) module for its Bedrock OSA system. The new SIO8.20 DO enables software selectable electronic fusing, latching and fail-safe shutdown for each 24 VDC output at 1 A max current per channel. It provides galvanically-isolated output switching in a rugged, all-metal enclosure, and one of the smallest footprints in the industry. Delivering programmable electrical capability within the cyber secure Bedrock control platform reduces the cost, maintenance and vulnerability of external electrical connectors.
The SIO8.20 is designed with Bedrock’s patented Black FabricTM Cybershield protection built in from the start. Its combination of capabilities and benefits are unprecedented against typical DCS or PLC offerings, including:
- Reduced Footprint, via 20 galvanically-isolated DO channels delivering one of the highest possible density of channels per inch for optimization of rack space.
- Programmable Electronic Fusing. Each of its 20 channels are electronically fused to a programmable threshold up to 1 amp per channel.
- Overcurrent Retry, which enables programming a channel to latch off and retry during overcurrent.
- Failsafe Output, which protects the module if communication with the controller fails, directing output to a configured fail-safe value or holding it at last known value.
- Extreme Hardening and Long Life, thanks to a pinless backplane Interconnection andsealed all-metal construction, protecting against extreme temperature EMI and EMP in compliance with the highest military standards.
- Scalable Redundancy, with user-selectable single/dual/triple redundancy.
- Extreme Digital Performance, with a 32bit Secure ARM and an additional microcontroller on each of the 20 DO channels, to deliver unparalleled speed and diagnostics. Integrated Support of IEEE 1588 time precision protocol enables SOE synchronization with +/- 0.5mSec accuracy on all channels.
Control application developers can integrate all such features for discrete, hybrid and continuous control applications using the Bedrock IEC 61131-3 compatible engineering environment, which can be downloaded free at www.bedrockautomation.com.